JANE'S CHEESECAKE

This is one of my favorite recipes from my mother, Frances Hayward Tippets.

Crust:
2 tablespoons butter (maybe more)
1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30)

Butter bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan or a 9" by 13" pan. Sprinkle with crumbs, and pat to firm. Refrigerate to harden.

Filling:
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 14-ounce can Borden's Eagle Brand sweetened, condensed milk
6 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
1 cup whipping cream
1 pint sour cream
additional lemon rind

Cream the cheese with the milk until smooth. Add rind and juice. Whip the cream till thick. Fold into cheese mixture with sour cream. Pat lightly into pan. Sprinkle with more lemon rind. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Mom

2 comments:

The Fantastic Four said...

Yum!! How come you never made this growing up?? =)

Anonymous said...

I made it a few times, but I guess not often enough. Maybe I can make it next time you come.

Mom