I used to snack on this stuff all the time in college. I haven't made it in awhile...maybe if I post it on here I will make it more often. =)
In a large mixing bowl combine:
1 17 oz box of Rice Chex
2 cups of any nut mixture (cashews, almonds, peanuts, etc)
1 1/2 cups coconut
In a microwavable bowl combine:
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 cubes of butter
Pinch of salt
-Microwave for 1 minute then stir. Microwave for another 2 minutes then stir.
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 cubes of butter
Pinch of salt
-Microwave for 1 minute then stir. Microwave for another 2 minutes then stir.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and mix well.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir until well coated. Store uncovered.
2 comments:
I remember this. It's good to give on a little plate at Christmas.
Mom
YUMMMM! I better NOT make this or I WILL snack on it all the time. Maybe at Christmas like your mom said!
Post a Comment