Why are German Pancakes "German??" My husband asked me this question tonight as we ate our lovely German Pancake dinner. We decided to Google it but couldn't find a good definition. Any ideas?? Well, they are YUMMY anyways.
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
Melt the butter in the bottom of a 9 inch circle/square pan. Mix eggs, milk, flour, and salt then add to buttered pan. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. If done correctly it should puff up like a souffle. Let cool for a minute then dust with powdered sugar. We also put pancake syrup on ours. Yummmmmmm!!
GERMAN PANCAKES
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think they're called German pancakes because that's how they make pancakes in Germany. Hello. I remember when we used to have them.
Mom
Because who is crazy enough to think up something like that? Let's throw some flour, sugar, and egg into a cupcake dish and bake it for a bit! Crazy Germans!
I love your blog. I just wanted you to know that every recipe I've tried on your blog- which is about ten- have been the BEST. I am never disappointing. Unlike other food blogs, the recipes I try will be a hit or miss, but your blog NEVER DISAPPOINTS. I tell this blog to all my friends. Thank you for it.
Post a Comment