CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD

This is one of my favorite salads. You can't go wrong with Ramen noodles!!

3 cups sliced cabbage ( I use all cabbage)
3 cups sliced lettuce
3 sliced green onions
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Grated carrot
1 package chicken flavored Ramen noodles, crushed
1 1/2 cups diced, cooked chicken

Toss ingredients together.

Dressing:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
1 packet of Oriental flavoring from Ramen Noodle
1/2 cup oil
Dash of sesame oil (2-3 teaspoons)
6 tablespoons rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
Dash of soy sauce (2-3 teaspoons)

Gluten-free if omitting Ramen noodles and flavoring.

Note: My sister serves this as a side dish all the time without the chicken.

2 comments:

shelly said...

I am so glad you posted this recipe! I make this every year for a Girls Night Out I have with my mom and sisters, but I lost the recipe somehow...so now I have it back! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

This is such a good salad. I've always enjoyed it.

Mom